Medik8 is a global skincare brand dedicated to developing high-quality, results-driven products that empower individuals to feel confident in their skin. With a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team as the Head of Customer Experience.
Reporting into the Chief Customer Experience Officer, this role defines the vision and blueprint for what a Medik8 Experience is globally through the end-to-end touch points of our customer experience, from the first interaction with our brand, whether via our website or clinics, through to ordering, delivery, post-purchase and customer service interactions.
This is an individual contributor role that will set the strategy and passionately drive the agenda, leading and orchestrating regional and cross-functional project teams to deliver consumer-facing impact for enhanced customer satisfaction, NPS, and category-leading retention.
Collaborating and liaising with marketing, digital, e-commerce, quality, logistics, and customer service teams to lead the delivery of best-in-class CX at every live touchpoint. Acting as the eyes, ears and voice of the consumer to bring consumer-centricity to the fore.
- Develop and define the global CX strategy for unparalleled customer experiences, leveraging Medik8 expertise to deliver above and beyond the consumers’ needs.
- Identify and lead the development and implementation of a company-wide strategic roadmap of initiatives, which fosters brand loyalty and referrals.
- Provide the tools, frameworks, and capability-build materials (e.g. SOPs, training, guidelines, toolkits) to guide our regional operational teams in meeting that strategy and CX vision.
- Define the success framework for Customer Experience & ensure it is embedded across functional objectives & KPIs. Set Customer Service standards of excellence and KPIs. Lead the ongoing management, measurement, and tracking of KPIs to ensure that customers in every market receive Medik8’s best-in-class service.
- Works with the Data team to leverage our CS platform (Gorgias) as a rich source of business intelligence and customer insight. Reporting back on first-party customer performance metrics (Trust Pilot, CSAT, NPS, Reviews) and trends to spot risks and opportunities for service improvements.
- Keep abreast of category and CX trends and emerging technologies, bringing ideas and innovation to our CX. Continuously striving and inspiring the wider teams with ways to improve.
- Be the voice of the customer in every meeting and lead on bringing customer insights to the fore, working with Data, Social, DTC, and CC teams and tools to extract and share VOC insights that fuel CX.
- Lead, galvanise, and inspire the organisation and our external distributor partners, on what it means to deliver superior customer experience, building a culture of customer obsession across the organisation.
- Work closely with R&D, Brand and Education to ensure that our Community receives the best skincare advice for their concerns. Leveraging 1:1 customer interactions to drive regime depth and breadth.
- Sets the global standards for our DTC delivery proposition via seamless ordering, delivery, and returns processes, ensuring the highest level and standardised interactions across all departments and all regions.
- Work with our Social & CRM teams to define and lead our Community management standards and growth strategies fostering and rewarding our loyal community. Engaging with consumers on social media as needed.
- Sets the standards for the most effective way to handle complaints and interactions, with the primary objective of resolving them with the highest possible customer satisfaction, driving reviews and NPS. Supporting regional Customer Service teams as part of the escalation process.
- A proven track record in customer-facing roles, with demonstrable experience in delivering best-in-class CX initiatives.
- An innovator with a comprehensive understanding of the CX landscape and a passion for delivering customer satisfaction and community building, bringing creativity and new ideas to set Medik8 apart from the competition.
- A strong leader and collaborator, ideally with experience in a matrix organisation/role, leading and driving impact via indirect relationships. With a passion for mentoring and leading across cross-functional teams, thanks to excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and is driven by delivering impact for our customers focused on making things happen in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational skills. An expert at managing projects with multiple workstreams and a keen problem solver with a solution-focused mindset.
- Data-driven and tech-savvy, familiar with drawing out insights from zero/first-party data to drive change. In-depth knowledge and understanding of CX tools (and social listening platforms desired). Previous experience with Gorgias, Trust Pilot, Sprout, and Yotpo is an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent written, spoken, and analytical skills. The ability to toggle between big picture, strategic thinking, and a focus on detail and data.
- Possesses a strong ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Medik8 is an established leader in the skincare arena, utilising our iconic CSA Philosophy to develop professional anti-aging solutions that ensure Beautiful Skin For Life.
After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we became PE backed in 2021. This investment will allow us to expand even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award-winning products in all the categories.
Culture & Benefits
We are fuelled by our commitment to sustainability, quality, efficiency, and an unwavering passion for our customers. Championing solutions-focused thinking, we possess a purpose-driven mentality and strive to work with integrity and agility, always. We are collaborative go-givers; our diverse talents work cross-functionally and we achieve more together. We are proud to do everything in-house, challenging the norm and pushing the boundaries of possibility. It’s just who we are!
Some of the perks of being part of the Medik8 team include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible & Hybrid working
- Private Medical Insurance + Mental Health support
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Long Service Awards
- 75% discount + Annual Product Allowance
- Flexible Career opportunities
- Up-skilling support + regular Lunch & Learns
- 2 Volunteering days per year
- Matched Charitable Giving Scheme
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our values. You can also find out more about us on Linkedin, Glassdoor & Instagram.
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
At Medik8, we believe that diversity within our workplace drives innovation. We celebrate multiple backgrounds, cultures, approaches and points of view, and believe that when people feel respected and included, they can truly flourish. We’re committed to advancing equal opportunities and we’re dedicated to building a workforce as diverse as our consumer base, creating a multifaceted, equitable and inclusive culture and allowing all colleagues to bring their whole selves to work.
Our DE&I ethos also flows through our recruitment process. Studies have found that minority groupings tend to apply for roles only when they meet 100% of the role requirements, in comparison to non-minority grouping tend to apply when they meet only 60% of the role requirements (Hewlett Packard ). The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, so if you think you meet 60+ of the role spec and are passionate, excited & feel like you have the potential to fulfil the rest - then we want to hear from you!