Medik8 is revolutionising results-driven skincare with its pioneering CSA Philosophy. We continue our focus with international expansion, multi-channel distribution and product innovation driving our rapid growth journey.
Reporting to our Head of Data and Information Systems, the mission of the Senior Analytics Engineer will be to identify opportunities and develop new strategies and models to enhance business efficiency and performance, while also addressing any operational, financial and technological risks.
Working closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of Medik8’s business strategy, processes, operations and roadmap, you will create visibility on business performance and process metrics through high-level data dashboards to allow key stakeholders to make the most critical and informed decisions.
The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and methodical, with proven experience as a Business Analyst in a complex, commercial environment. They will possess strong knowledge of industry Business Analysis standards and extensive experience working with databases and data visualisation products.
As we continue to grow at a phenomenal pace, this role will have a real influence on our data and BI initiatives and will be a key player in driving data-driven solutions to make a critical impact on our transformation journey.
Your role in detail:
- Develops understanding of company’s strategic objectives, key business metrics as well as needs and requirements of all departments to define and lead the business information systems streams.
- Contributes to the fostering of a data-driven culture, advocates for data as a main driver, and can sell the importance of being assisted by analytics.
- Produces and maintains complete, accurate and relevant suite of reports to serve the cross-functional teams, providing data that facilitates simplicity & efficient use of skills across the business and ultimately leads to powerful decision making.
- Proactively engages with the business to gather, document and gain sign-off on on-going business requirements, adapting quickly and generating timely visibility on critical and relevant data for end-users to act on.
- Performs data mapping to identify data gaps, and brings together the data team and business users to source the additional information required.
- Creates and leads an engaged and high-performing team that understands the business needs and uses the data tools in the most efficient way, ensuring quality and on-time delivery of necessary reports at all times.
- Guarantees data handling principles and best practices are always adhered to.
- Relevant experience with business intelligence and report creation, working with senior decision makers within a commercial environment.
- Experience with cloud based data infrastructure (GCP / Snowflake / AWS etc).
- Experience with ETL/ELT processes and tools (DBT / Fivetran / Segment etc).
- Experience with data modelling and some knowledge on methodologies
- Extensive experience using Data Visualization tools ( Tableau / Looker etc).
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to independently drive tasks forward and meet agreed deadlines.
- A quick learner, with ability to grasp new concepts and develop a good understanding of new business domains.
- Analytical approach and a natural problem-solver, with the confidence to act on output.
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of delivering with high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communicator – ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels, as well as share knowledge and document appropriately.
- Excellent presentation / Excel skills, with ability to extrapolate and present complex data, simply and visually.
Medik8 is an established leader in the skincare arena, utilising our iconic CSA Philosophy to develop professional anti-aging solutions that ensure Beautiful Skin For Life.
After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we became PE backed in 2021. This investment will allow us to expand even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award-winning products in all the categories.
Culture & Benefits
We are fuelled by our commitment to sustainability, quality, efficiency, and an unwavering passion for our customers. Championing solutions-focused thinking, we possess a purpose-driven mentality and strive to work with integrity and agility, always. We are collaborative go-givers; our diverse talents work cross-functionally and we achieve more together. We are proud to do everything in-house, challenging the norm and pushing the boundaries of possibility. It’s just who we are!
Some of the perks of being part of the Medik8 team include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible & Hybrid working
- Private Medical Insurance + Mental Health support
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Long Service Awards
- 75% discount + Annual Product Allowance
- Flexible Career opportunities
- Up-skilling support + regular Lunch & Learns
- 2 Volunteering days per year
- Matched Charitable Giving Scheme
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our values. You can also find out more about us on Linkedin, Glassdoor & Instagram.
At Medik8, we believe that diversity within our workplace drives innovation. We celebrate multiple backgrounds, cultures, approaches and points of view, and believe that when people feel respected and included, they can truly flourish. We’re committed to advancing equal opportunities and we’re dedicated to building a workforce as diverse as our consumer base, creating a multifaceted, equitable and inclusive culture and allowing all colleagues to bring their whole selves to work.
Our DE&I ethos also flows through our recruitment process. Studies have found that minority groupings tend to apply for roles only when they meet 100% of the role requirements, in comparison to non-minority grouping tend to apply when they meet only 60% of the role requirements (Hewlett Packard ). The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, so if you think you meet 60+ of the role spec and are passionate, excited & feel like you have the potential to fulfil the rest - then we want to hear from you!