Medik8 is revolutionising results-driven skincare with its pioneering CSA Philosophy. We continue our focus with international expansion, multi-channel distribution and product innovation driving our rapid growth journey.
As a Customer Care Team Lead, you will work closely with the Customer Care Manager leading a team of Representatives, acting as a first point of escalation and ensuring that the needs of Medik8's customers are being exceeded by promoting excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and driven, an excellent communicator and data driven with a strong track record in the delivery of excellent customer service. You will be proactive, hardworking, able to work using your own initiative and passionate about people.
We see an amazing customer experience as our primary goal and being able to connect with each and every one of our consumers has never been more important.
We strive for excellence and embody our fast-paced, customer-obsessed culture that will inspire, motivate and develop everyone.
This is a full time (36 hours per week) role. Our global contact centre operates 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9-5.30pm Saturday and Sunday. You will work a mix of shifts on a 4 week rota. On average 1 in 4 weeks will include one day on the weekend. We operate a Hybrid working model of on average 3 days in the office. Weekend shifts can be done from home.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service and lead by example.
- Lead and motivate a team of customer care representatives.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and feedback to team members to enhance performance and meet department goals.
- Customer Care order management tasks including; high risk orders, out of stock, chargebacks.
- Monitor and manage rotas to meet service level agreements.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries and complaints.
- Work closely with team members to resolve complex issues and provide satisfactory solutions.
- Identify recurring problems and collaborate with Customer Care Manager to implement permanent solutions.
- Support with regular training sessions for new and existing team members.
- Keep the team updated on product/service changes and enhancements.
- Keep CC Manager updated with trends in contact and performance.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the team meets or exceeds performance targets
- Foster open communication within the team and with other departments.
- Experience in a Senior or Team Leader role in an office based Customer Service team.
- People Management experience.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining the highest standards.
- Be a team player with a proactive attitude.
- Previous skincare experience will be an advantage.
- Having experience with Google, Gorgias or similar ticketing systems will be an advantage.
Medik8 is an established leader in the skincare arena, utilising our iconic CSA Philosophy to develop professional anti-aging solutions that ensure Beautiful Skin For Life.
After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we became PE backed in 2021. This investment will allow us to expand even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award-winning products in all the categories.
Culture & Benefits
We are fuelled by our commitment to sustainability, quality, efficiency, and an unwavering passion for our customers. Championing solutions-focused thinking, we possess a purpose-driven mentality and strive to work with integrity and agility, always. We are collaborative go-givers; our diverse talents work cross-functionally and we achieve more together. We are proud to do everything in-house, challenging the norm and pushing the boundaries of possibility. It’s just who we are!
Some of the perks of being part of the Medik8 team include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible & Hybrid working
- Private Medical Insurance + Mental Health support
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Long Service Awards
- 75% discount + Annual Product Allowance
- Flexible Career opportunities
- Up-skilling support + regular Lunch & Learns
- 2 Volunteering days per year
- Matched Charitable Giving Scheme
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our values. You can also find out more about us on Linkedin, Glassdoor & Instagram.
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
At Medik8, we believe that diversity within our workplace drives innovation. We celebrate multiple backgrounds, cultures, approaches and points of view, and believe that when people feel respected and included, they can truly flourish. We’re committed to advancing equal opportunities and we’re dedicated to building a workforce as diverse as our consumer base, creating a multifaceted, equitable and inclusive culture and allowing all colleagues to bring their whole selves to work.
Our DE&I ethos also flows through our recruitment process. Studies have found that minority groupings tend to apply for roles only when they meet 100% of the role requirements, in comparison to non-minority grouping tend to apply when they meet only 60% of the role requirements (Hewlett Packard ). The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, so if you think you meet 60+ of the role spec and are passionate, excited & feel like you have the potential to fulfil the rest - then we want to hear from you!